Icon Plastics aims to provide defect free goods and services to its customers on time and within budget.
It is Icon Plastics objective to become and remain the preferred source of plastic injection moulded components and assemblies by providing a superior manufacturing service in both product quality and delivery.
We are accredited to Quality Management Systems ISO/TS16949 & ISO 9001 for the provision of plastic Injection Moulded components & sub Assembly.
Quality Control & Inspection Facilities
Icon Plastics build in quality from the outset by utilizing inspection methods to maintain product Quality & Customer satisfaction.
We cover as a minimum:
- Start of production verification
- Dimensional reporting & documenting to Customer specific needs
- Inspection activity carried out by qualified personnel
- Dimensional testing conducted in-house within Icon Plastics Metrology department
- DT & NDT
- Containment/Firewall [SOP]
Icon Plastics now boasts a fully functional metrology department inclusive of the following equipment:
- DEA Gamma Co-ordinate Measurement Machine with large scale bed [1700mm x 700mm]
- Mitutoyo MX504 Co-ordinate Measurement Machine
- Geopak Statistical Software
- Mitutoyo Optics
- Gloss Metering
Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
As part of our Injection Moulding and assembly processes, we manage Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) throughout. This enables Icon Plastics to deliver a complete quality package from quotation of new tooling through to production and assembly of production components at SOP.
- RFQ [own/Customer format]
- Master Project Timing
- Teamed Feasibility Review
- Supplier Development
- Process Flow
- Control Plans
- Quality Plans / Quality Planning
- Significant Characteristics
- Process Capability studies / SPC
- Dimensional Inspection Reports
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP/PSW)
- Material Testing / Conformity
- Measurement Systems Analysis – Attribute & Variable
- Production Trial & Development
- Bespoke Packaging
- Operator Instruction/Training
Performance Indicators driven by internal metrics across department
Icon Plastics internal performance is monitored, evaluated & improved through tracking of business plan metrics both global & departmental. Customer Concern Management via standard practice & on line portal facilities.
Of the 18 high level & 35 departmental metrics, some of the measures we generate are as follows:
- Customer Incidences
- Non Conformances (Supplier & Internal)
- Manufacturing performance/Machine Performance
- New Customers – Projects, Tooling and Moulding
- Internal Problem solve resulting corrective & preventative actions
- Outflow, Containment & GP12 activities to prevent non-conformance ‘spill’